10.22.2009

One little year

So, my first post on here was one year ago, tomorrow. I guess I would have thought there would be more on here, but at least it's something.

Here's the news:
We have found our new kitty and are loving her. She's been with us a week, and is finally acclimating well. Gypsy, who's name was Menardie and was changed for obvious reasons, is 4 years old, adopted from the Woodbury Humane Society, and completely declawed. As in, she has NO claws in any of her paws. Poor thing, that seems so cruel. But she seems to get along just fine without them, and I don't have to really worry about scratches on me or the kids anymore. She got a bout of upper-respiratory infection in the shelter, but is on antibiotics and seems to have turned a corner and is on her way to health. Such a sweetie! She's a total snuggler and pretty vocal, too. Yay kitties. She and Hayward have had nothing to do with each other, which is just fine. I'd like it if they were friendly, but as long as there's no fighting I'm happy.

Ivy has a third tooth and acts as if she has a mouthful. Today she stole Cedar's pear and was going to town on it. She's babbling lots of new words: "dada," "UH-OH" (complete with throw-the-cup-on-the-floor-and-wait-for-mom-to-pick-it-up-game), "no," and is taking a try at "kitty." We had her baptized last month, which was a nice day with both sides of the family. We were even lucky enough to have Great Grandma Cora there!

Miss Cedar had her 3rd birthday. Poor kid, at the same time, Ivy and I had the H1N1 flu. We had a big party planned, I had all of the favors, the decorations, the food, and in the end we just celebrated at home with the 4 of us. Blake took her to Target & let her pick out her own cake and we ordered pizza. She told me it was the best party she ever went to... what a kid. Thank goodness she never really knew all that we had originally planned.


The girls are playing together more and more. It's so gratifying to see them enjoying each other--really reminds me of why it was so important for me to give Cedar a sibling. There are some days I think they're going to kill each other, but most of the time it's pretty friendly. That's normal, right? I remember wanting to kill Rebecca a lot of the time (sorry Bec, you wanted to beat me senseless, too) but now she's my best friend and we talk pretty much every day. I hope these two monkeys end up like us, too.

Sorry Bec, this is the most recent photo I have of us together. It's almost a year old, and it sucks. TIME FOR A NEW ONE.









No comments: