8.18.2009

do you believe in miracles?

OK, so here's even more drama to the story!
So, we first took her to the Kitty Klinic in Uptown, and after that, they referred us to the U. After all of the expenses there, the drs at the U told me the euthanasia would be much cheaper at the KK. So, I call them this morning to make the appt for this evening, and they are weird and tell me that they have to call me back to let me know if they can schedule that kind of appointment. Weird, right? So I wait like 3 hours for the vet to call, and when he does, he has all of these questions about her condition, etc. and tells me that he thinks it could be some larvae in her that can mimic this other thing. (!!!!) He says he thinks it's worth a shot at exploratory surgery to see what's up. I tell him that I'm not interested, don't want to prolong her suffering, and have exhausted all of our $$$ resources. THEN he says that he will waive the fee for the surgery. He says he gives it a 50/50 chance and will call a surgeon friend to do it. (WTF??!?) In disbelief, I agree, and he says he'll call me back to let me know when it can get done.
So, I am all skeptical and call her Dr. at the U, asking if this guy is nuts and delusional. That Dr. tells me she'll confer with some of her colleagues and get back to me AND that she'll call the KK doctor to talk to him, too. She then calls me back, says that it's worth a try, but to not get my hopes up. She thinks he's most likely wrong, but that it won't cause her any more distress.
So, tomorrow at 8:00 am, she's going to have the surgery. If she has this larvae thing (seriously, how gross!!), they will remove it and treat her. If she does not, then they will just give her more anesthesia to let her pass on.
Right now she's sleeping in the girls' closet. I just gave her some love and she was purring it up.
I don't even know what to think. He said he had a case like this a month ago, and they were able to save the cat. But the Dr. at the U was uber skeptical.
I'm not kidding myself, but hey, a miracle would be pretty dang cool right about now.

No comments: